Child Safe Standards
The Victorian Government has introduced child safe standards .The Child Safe Standards (the Standards) are compulsory minimum standards for all organisations that provide services to children including Victorian schools. The aim of the Standards is to ensure organisations are well prepared to protect children from abuse and neglect.
To create and maintain a child safe organisation we must comply with the following 7 standards:
- Strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements.
- A child safe policy or statement of commitment to child safety.
- A code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behavior with children.
- Screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel.
- Processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse.
- Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse.
- Strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children.
As part of our obligations you can access our Child Safe Policy and our Statement of Commitment to Child Safety.