Child Safe Standards
The Victorian Government introduced the Child Safe Standards, which are compulsory minimum standards for organisations that provide services for children and young people (or are used by children and young people), to help protect them from harm.
To create and maintain a child safe organisation we must comply with the following standards:
- Strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements.
- A child safe policy or statement of commitment to child safety.
- A code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behavior with children.
- Screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel.
- Processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse.
- Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse.
- Strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children.
As part of our obligations you can access our Child Safe Policy and our Statement of Commitment to Child Safety.