South Kingsville Community Centre is committed to the safety, well-being and best interests of children and young people.
South Kingsville Community Centre:
South Kingsville Community Centre requires all staff to uphold these commitments. South Kingsville Community Centre has specific policies, procedures and training to achieve these commitments.
South Kingsville Community Centre is committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children
We are committed to:
· Actively supporting and facilitating participation and inclusion of Aboriginal children, young people and their families within our service
· The safety, participation and empowerment of Aboriginal children
· Providing an educational program that strengthens Aboriginal children’s culture and identity
· Actively supporting and encouraging Aboriginal children to express their culture and enjoy their cultural rights
· Supporting Aboriginal children and their families to identify as Aboriginal without fear of retribution or questioning
· Supporting Aboriginal children to maintain connection to their kinship ties, land and country
· Supporting Aboriginal children to be taught their cultural heritage by Elders
· Facilitating regular training and education on Aboriginal cultural and cultural safety
· Establishing policies, procedures, systems and processes to create a culturally safe and inclusive environment and meet the needs of Aboriginal children, young people and their families.