Learn Local providers are not-for-profit community organisations. They are registered and funded by the Victorian Government, via the Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board, to deliver pre-accredited training and programs.
What are pre-accredited programs?
The Victorian Government Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board promotes Pre-accredited programs for people who want to get back into learning or work and focus on developing pathways to accredited training or employment. The programs help increase confidence and independence and develop basic skills including:
• Adult Literacy and Numeracy: such as ESL and foundation skills
• Employment Skills: developing basic skills to support work or further learning
•Vocational Programs: acquiring specific vocational skills, returning to work or changing jobs
•Digital Literacy: understanding and using every-day digital technology
•Community Engagement: increasing confidence, self-management and teamwork skills that help socially isolated people reconnect with the community
Who is eligible?
Government funded pre-accredited programs are intended for Australian citizens or permanent residents who:
• People from culturally or linguistically diverse backgrounds
• Are casual workers with low qualifications
• Are currently experiencing or have experienced significant hardship
• Women seeking to re-enter the workforce after significant time away,
• Women who have experienced or are experiencing family violence
• Early school leavers, both mature and youth - or who have left school before completing Year 9 or equivalent
• Are younger than 24 and not currently engaged in education, training or employment
• Low skilled and vulnerable workers
• Indigenous people
• Unemployed and underemployed people
• Disengaged young people
• People with a disability.
• Are a male learner over 45Eligibility
To apply for an ACFE subsidised training place you must be: • An Australian citizen, or
• A holder of an Australian permanent visa,
or • A New Zealand citizen, or
• An Asylum seeker in specified visa categories referred by Jobs Victoria Employment Network providers
All applicants must also be over compulsory school-leaving age and no longer enrolled at school.
To find out more about our ACFE programs please contact the centre on 9399 3000.